When it comes to finding the best gooseneck trailer, there is no shortage of options since nearly every well-known manufacturer, including Diamond C, PJ Trailers, Big Tex Trailers, Kaufman Trailers, Iron Bull, and Maxx D, offers a variety of gooseneck trailers.
This only makes comparing gooseneck trailers that much more important since you don’t want to buy a gooseneck that does not meet your needs. The best gooseneck trailer is the one that gets your specific jobs done regardless of the size or manufacturer.
On our best gooseneck trailer list, we reviewed five of the best goosenecks on the market to help make your search easier.
#1 BIG TEX 22GN HD TANDEM DUAL-AXLE GOOSENECK
The 22GN trailer offered by Big Tex Trailers is the first on our best gooseneck trailer list. It’s a high-quality trailer with steel construction that boasts a high-quality protective finish. The trailer is cleaned thoroughly before hand-off, giving it the look you’d expect from an expensive trailer.
This best gooseneck trailer features a pine wood-treated floor, with Big Tex offering an upgrade to douglas fir. It also features tie-down pockets on 24″ centers, side rails with a 6″ channel and a rub rail, and chain spools. These features ensure that your load gets to the destination safely.
It’s the attention to smaller details that make this gooseneck trailer an option on our best gooseneck trailer list and worth spending hard-earned money on. It comes equipped with DOT-approved LED lights, making the trailer fit for American and Canadian roads.
The spare tire protects you from significant delays, allowing you to get back on the road, quicker. Big Tex offers torque tubes standard on trailers longer than 28′, helping prevent frame fatigue and frame flex.
However, like any trailer on the market, the 22GN also has some cons. The trailer does not have big ramps, which can make loading cargo difficult. Additionally, the trailer does not feature safety steps, making it difficult to climb onto the trailer.
- 23,900 lbs. GVWR
- 10,000 lbs. GAWR per axle
- 12″ I-Beam frame, 16# (19# on 28 Trailer & Longer)
- 12″ I-Beam Neck, 16#
- 16″ x 6″ wheels, with Black Dual Wheel 8 Bolt
- 2″ Treated Pine floor, with optional Douglas Fir upgrade
- 2-5/16″ Ball Adj. Square Crank Type coupler
- 3″ Channel cross members
- 3/8″ Grd. 70 Safety Chains w/Safety Latch Hook (2 each)
- 5 Cleated Dovetail w/5 Double Hinged, Spring-Assisted Flip-Over Ramps
- 6″ Channel Side Rails w/Rub Rail, Stake Pockets, and Chain Spools
- 7-Way RV electrical plug
- Dual 12,000 lbs. Drop Leg Jacks (Bolted On)
- Heavy Duty 30,000 lbs. Adjustable Suspension
- LED DOT Stop lights, tail lights, turn lights, and clearance lights
- ST235/80 R-16 Load Range E Dual tires
- Two 10,000 lbs. Dual Wheel w/ Electric Brakes (Oil Bath)
#2 Pro-Line Gooseneck Deck Over/ Flatbed 14,000 GVW
Pro-Line 14,000 GVW Gooseneck Deck Over trailer comes in number two on our best gooseneck trailer list. It’s available in 20′, 25′, 28′, and 30′ lengths and you can pick one up at Rocky Mount, Virginia among many other locations.
- 14,000 GVW
- 102″ Wide
- 12″ I-Beam
- 16″ Radial Tires
- 2″ Pressure Treated Floor
- 20″X60″ Fold Up Ramps
- 3″ Channel Cross members
- 5ft Dove Tail Wood
- 7 Way RV Plug
- 7000# EZY Lube Axles
- 8 Lug Steel Wheels
- Adjustable 2 5/16 Ball Coupler
- Break-Away Box
- Chain Basket
- DOT LED Lighting
- DOT Tape
- Electric Brakes
- EZY Lube Axles
- EZY Lube Hubs
- Heavy Duty Safety Chains
- Powder Coated
- Rub Rail
- Side Step
- Side Turn Flasher
- Single 12,000lb Drop Leg Jack
- Spare Tire Mount
- Spring Suspension
- Stake Pockets
#3 Top Hat Trailer Gooseneck 159
Top Hat Trailer manufactures some of the industry’s best gooseneck trailers which is why we’ve included them on our best gooseneck trailer list. Their Gooseneck 159 features durable Dexter axles, flush-mounted LED lights, and DOT-approved reflective tape standard in the models, regardless of the length of the trailer you choose.
The manufacturer also offers several upgrade options that can make moving equipment convenient which is why we chose to include them on our best gooseneck trailer review. Some notable upgrade options include spare tires, upgraded tires, jumbo ramps, combo dovetail, an underbody toolbox in different sizes, 1″ D-rings, and electric/hydraulic brakes.
- 15,900 lbs. GVWR
- Low Pro Pierced I-Beam
- 2″ Treated Pine Floor
- 5 Leaf Slipper Spring Suspension
- Break Away Unit w/Charger
- DOT Reflective Tape
- Driver & Curb Side Steps w/Grab Handles
- Dual 10,000 lbs. Drop Leg Jack
- Electric All Wheel Brake
- E-Z Lube – 1/2 Cambered
- Lockable Toolbox Between Risers
- Spare Tire Rack Inside Neck (Spare Tire Optional)
- Two 5/16″ Round Adjustable Couplers
- Two 7000 lbs. Dexter Axles
- Two Electric Brakes Nev-R-Adjust
- Winch Plate Between Risers
- Wiring Harness w/Sealed LED Lights
#3 PJ GOOSENECK TRAILERS LOW-PRO FLATDECK WITH DUALS
PJ Trailers is among the best-known manufacturers in the trailer industry so we felt they deserved a spot here on our best gooseneck trailer list. PJ offers several gooseneck trailers for different use cases. The Low-Pro Flatdeck gooseneck trailer comes with a number of impressive features.
The relatively high GVWR of 25,000 lbs. allows you to haul heavy equipment and cargo without much hassle. The double jacks help keep the trailer stable, the DOT-approved reflective tape and LED lights help to ensure high visibility, and the powder coat finish ensures the paint doesn’t get damaged easily.
The radial tires and the five-leaf spring suspension give you a smoother ride, adding to a long list of great features. The Dexter axles prepare the trailer for heavy-duty use.
The trailer also has steps on both sides, making it easy to board and offboard. But one gripe with the trailer is that it does not include a torque tube standard. You will need to pay a premium to equip the trailer with a torque tube to ensure the trailer stays stable and doesn’t flex or sway.
Since the low pro flatdeck is only available at dealerships, you can expect to pay a hefty markup when you rent to own this trailer but that wasn’t a big enough reason to keep it off our best gooseneck trailer list.
- 25,000 lbs. GVWR
- 10,000 lbs. x 2 GAWR
- 102” Wide Deck
- 12” x 19 lb. I-Beam Main Frame, Riser & Neck
- 2 Dexter Oil Bath Brake Axles (10,000 lbs.)
- 2 Drop Leg Jacks (10,000 lbs.)
- 2 x 6 x 1/8″ Square Tubing Outer Deck Frame
- 2″ Treated Pine Lumber Deck
- 3″ Channel Crossmembers 16″ on Center
- 5 Leaf Slipper Spring Suspension
- 5-year Dexter Axle Warranty
- 8 – 16″ 235/80R16 Radial Tires (3,090 lbs.)
- 8 Dual Wheels, 16″ Grey, 8 on 6.5″ Bolt Pattern
- 8′ Ramps w/ Holders
- Acid Washed
- All-Weather Wiring Harness (7-way RV)
- Amber Side Turn Flashers
- DOT Approved Flushmount Lifetime LED Lights
- DOT Reflective Tape
- Electric Breakaway Kit w/ Charger
- Frame Bridge Standard on 30′ and up
- GN 2 5/16″ Ball Bulldog Coupler 25,000 lbs.
- Lockable Front Toolbox w/ Chain Holder
- Monster Steps on Both Sides
- Powder Coated
- Rubrail & Stake Pockets
- Safety Chains
- Sand Blasted
#4 KAUFMAN DELUXE 30 FT. TRI-AXLE GOOSENECK
Coming in at number 4 on our best gooseneck trailer list is from Kaufman Trailers. Their 30 ft. Tri-axle Gooseneck trailer might be the right option for you if you’re on the hunt for a heavy-duty gooseneck trailer. The frame comprises a 12-inch I-Beam on the neck and the mainframe.
One of the things that makes the trailer attractive for our best gooseneck trailer review is that it features three 7,000 lbs. E-Z lube Dexter axles, making it stronger and more durable than a trailer with a tandem dual axle design. It also comes equipped with lifetime LED lights, installed with a sealed modular wiring harness. This ensures that the trailer is always well-lit.
While the trailer does not have a powder coating, it has two coats of automotive-grade enamel finish, making the exterior that much more durable. But the trailer does not have steps, which makes it difficult for you to climb up the trailer.
- 25,000 lbs. GVWR
- 102 in. Deck Width
- 12 in. I-beam frame, 16 ppf. With 3 in. channel stacked cross members, 16 in. o.c.
- 12 in. I-beam gooseneck tongue
- 2 in. Treated Wood floors
- 235/80 R16 LRE (3,520 lbs.) tires
- 2-5/16 in. Adjustable ball coupler
- 30 ft. (25 ft. flat + 5 ft. dove) Deck Length
- 37 in. Deck Height
- 5 ft. Dovetail
- 6 in. flatbar side rail
- 60 in. x 24 in. Heavy-duty flip-up ramps, with spring assist
- All wheel electric brakes
- Chain box with lockable lid
- Dual 12,000 lb. drop foot jacks
- Heavy-duty safety chains
- Sealed modular wiring harness with LED lights
- Silver or white mod Wheels (depending on stock)
- Slipper springs suspension
- Stake pockets and Rubrail tie-downs
- Three 7,000 lb. e-z lube axles
#5 Gatormade Gooseneck Air Ride Trailer
These trailers feature a spread axle design, making them relatively more stable than some of the other gooseneck trailers on the market. They feature dexter axles, powder coat paint, and LED lights standard.
The Air Ride model made our best gooseneck trailer list because it’s equipped with 12K disc brakes and an air ride suspension, which gives the trailer its name. You can adjust the suspension according to the cargo you are hauling and ensure a smooth ride.
- Two 12,000 lbs. DEXTER oil bath brake axles
- Two 12K Heavy Duty spring-loaded
- Two SAFETY steps and BIG handles
- 14″ I beam main frame construction
- 14″ I beam neck
- 16″ 235 80r 16 10 ply tires mounted on silver wheels (radial tires)
- 2 x 8 pressure-treated wood flooring
- 40′ overall bed length
- 6″ torque tube
- Aerodynamic open headboard for load protection
- Bracing under the trailer bed
- DOT-approved light package and safety breakaway kit (legal in all US states and Canada)
- Durable Powder coat paint
- Equipped with Ridewell Air-Ride Suspension
- Heavy-duty stake pocket and rub rail
- Heavy-duty stake pocket and rub-rail
- LED work light bar on top of the neck
- Locking chain box on the front
- Mounted fire extinguisher
- Mud flaps
- Preformed wire harness
- Ratchet rail
- Spread axles design
- Stand-up bars for ramps
- Winch plate
- Work light bar on top of the neck (for night loading)
If you enjoyed this best gooseneck trailer list featuring what we believe are the top 5 out there, then you might also like our Top 5 Best Utility Trailer review. Or, check out our 6-point buying guide on gooseneck trailers.