Finding the best utility trailer can seem complicated since there are several factors to consider. On top of that, trailer manufacturers offer several options, many of which are in high demand, and companies see a lot of trailer sales.
It’s not a good idea to just buy a popular trailer and see if it works for you later. The best utility trailer for someone else may not do the job for you. For example, you may want to use your utility trailer as a motorcycle trailer during the summer and to move around lightweight equipment and firewood in the winters.
Here’s our best utility trailer shortlist of the trailer industry’s best.
#1 Big Tex Trailers 35UT: Single Axle UTV Hauler
The first on our best utility trailer list is the Big Tex Trailers 35UT. It is a new-in-stock 14 ft. hauler designed for UTVs. This small, durable utility trailer boasts 2,995 GVWR, a bi-fold rampage, and an 83-inch open-side frame that makes for easy loading of ATVs and UTVs.
The Big Tex Trailers 35UT is the perfect rent to own trailer if you have toy hauling specific needs.
- 2,995 lbs. GVWR
- 1/4″ Grd. 30 Safety Chains w/ Safety Latch Hook (2 each)
- 15″ x 5 Wheels; Black Mod, 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern
- 2″ Demco EZ Latch Coupler, A-Frame
- 2″ Treated Pine or Douglas Fir* Floor
- 2″ x 2″ Angle Cross Members
- 2,000 lbs. Set-Back Jack (Top Wind)
- 3″ Channel Wrap Tongue
- 3,500 lbs. Quick Lubricating Axles w/ Brake Flanges
- 3500 lbs. GAWR Per Axle
- 4″ Channel Frame
- 4-Way Flat Electric Plug w/ Loom
- 9″ x 32″ Jeep-Style Diamond Plate Fenders (Removable)
- LED, DOT Stop, Turn, Tail, and Clearance Lights
- Multi-Leaf Spring Suspension
- ST205/75R-15 Load Range C Tire
#2 PJ Trailer 77″ Single Axle Channel Utility (U7)
Next on our best utility trailer list comes from PJ Trailers – one of the most reliable manufacturers in the industry since they comply with the safety regulations of the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers. While you may find several attractive trailers on the market that are not on our list, you must be wary of manufacturers that do not comply with NATM safety standards.
The U7 by PJ Trailers comes with a superior Sherwin-Williams Powder Coat that makes the utility trailer resistant to cracking, peeling, and chipping. The coat also prevents rust, improving the durability of the trailer and ensuring that it serves you for many years.
The renowned Dexter Axles and the ATV side ramps are some of the other great features the U7 comes with by default. PJ Trailers offers several upgrade options for the coupler, axle, and tail, among many others.
- 2,990 lbs GVWR
- 2 ½” x 2 ½” x 3/16″ Angle Cross Members
- 2″ Bulldog Coupler
- 2″ x 2″ Removable Side Rail
- 3,500 lbs GAWR
- 4 Leaf Double Eye Spring Suspension
- 4″ Channel Frame & Tongue
- Dexter E- Z lube Idler Axle
- DOT Approved Flush Mount Lights
- Molded Wire Harness (12 & 14 ft )
- New 15″ White Spoke Wheels
- New ST 205/75R15 Radial Tires
- Pipe Mount Swivel Jack
- Safety Chains
- Stake Pockets ( 12 & 14 ft )
- Tread Plate Removable Aluminum Fenders
- Treated Pine Deck
#3 Lawrimore Tandem Axle Tubing Trailers
Number three on our best utility trailer list is from Lawrimore trailers. These are some of the most popular trailers in the US — you will find these on the streets across the US.
While the manufacturer has a well-established dealership network spanning many cities, its online presence is limited. The product pages offer only a couple of images and a basic description of the trailer.
The Tandem Axle Tubing Trailers are available in sizes 77×12, 77×14, 77×16, 83×16, 83×18, and 83×20. It is a heavy-duty trailer that you can rely on.
- 2- 3,500 lb. EZ lube axles
- 2K set back jack
- 2×2 tubing rails
- 2×3 tubing main frame
- 4′ gate OR 4′ ladder ramps & haulers
- 5″ c-channel tongue
- 7-pin round connector
- Brakes on both axles
- New 15″ radial trailer tires
- New wheels
- Blower rack
- Checker metal floor
- Checker plate fenders
- Fold-up ramps
- Landscape basket
- LED lights
- Side gate
- Spare & mount
- Trimmer rack
- Wire mesh sides
#4 Pro-Line 14,000 GVW Tandem Axle Landscaping Utility Trailers
The Pro-Line 14,000 GVW Tandem Axle Landscaping Utility Trailer is fourth on our best utility trailer list. It comes in four different lengths ranging from 14 feet to 20 feet. This trailer model has a width of 82″.
- 15″ Radial Tires
- 2″ Pressure Treated Floors
- 4 Wheel Brake
- EZY Lube Axles
- LED Lights
- Powder Coated
- Safety Chains
- Tie Downs
- Tongue Jack
#5 Kaufman Trailers Standard Landscape Utility Trailer 7000 GVWR – 16 ft.
And last, but not least on our best utility trailer list is the Standard Landscape Utility Trailer model offered by Kaufman Trailers. It is available in lengths ranging from 14 ft. to 20 ft. The manufacturer offers several upgrade options, including gates, racks, toolboxes, and sides.
- 7,000 lb. GVWR
- 16 ft. Deck Length (14 ft. flat + 2 ft. dovetail)
- 18 in. Deck Height
- 2 ft. Dovetail
- 2 in. Treated Wood Floors
- 205/75 R15 (1,820 lb.) Tires
- 2-3,500 lb. e-z lube braking axles
- 2-5/16 Ball a-frame coupler
- 3 in. x 3 in. x 3/16 in. Angle frame and top rail
- 4 ft. Expanded metal tailgate with spring assist
- 4 in. Channel Tongue
- 82 in. Deck Width
- All-wheel brakes
- DOT-approved lights and wiring
- Double-eye springs suspension
- Heavy-duty diamond plate fenders
- Heavy-duty safety chains
- Primed with 2 coats of automotive-grade enamel
- Silver or white mod wheels (based on stock)
- Stake pockets
- Top wind jack
The nice thing about utility trailers is that you can easily find trailer parts and accessories for your trailer online. Changing worn-out parts regularly will ensure that you always have a smooth ride and that your utility trailer serves you for many years.