It’s important to put as much effort into finding the best car hauler trailer as you did for your car. You don’t want to discover that a car trailer isn’t right for your hauling needs after putting down hard-earned money.
In this post, we detail the factors you should consider and review three of the best car hauler trailers you can buy.
Here’s our best car hauler trailer list including three of the industry’s best. You can also check out the 4 things to consider when renting to own a car hauler trailer.
#1 Big Tex Trailers Diamond Back Car Hauler (70DM)
The first trailer on our best car hauler trailer list is the 70DM. It features tandem axles, making it a heavy-duty option.
Additional features such as chrome wheels, the steel floor, and the slide-out ramps give the hauler a nice look. The frame is made from box tubing, making the car hauler trailer durable.
- 7,000 lbs. GVWR
- 1/4″ Grd. 70 Safety Chains w/ Safety Latch Hook (2 each)
- 1/8″ Diamond Plate Floor
- 15″, 5-5 Bolt Pattern w/Alum Wheels
- 2 3,500 lbs. Quick Lubricating Axles w/ Elec. Brake
- 2,000 lbs. Front Wind Set-Back Jack (Bolted On)
- 3″ x 2″ x 3/16″ Angle Cross Members
- 3,500 lbs. GAWR Per Axle
- 3/16″ Fabricated Front Stop Rail
- 4″ x 2″ x .188″ Rectangular Tubing Frame
- 4″ x 2″ x .188″ Rectangular Tubing Tongue
- 7-Way RV Electric Plug
- 9″ x 72″ Tear Drop Fender w/ Back (Bolted On)
- Adjustable 7,000#, 2″ Forged Coupler
- Bumper Pull Hitch
- LED DOT Stop, Clearance, Tail, and Turn Lights
- Multi-Leaf Spring Suspension w/ Equalizer
- ST205/75R-15 Load Range C Tire
#2 Kaufman Trailers 7,000 GVWR / 20 ft. Diamond Floor Tilt Car Trailer – DELUXE
Next on our best car hauler trailer list is from Kaufman Trailers. Kaufman offers one of the most extensive ranges of car trailers in the industry and this 20′ Diamond Floor Tilt Car Trailer Deluxe is no exception.
They have several different models, including double-decker models. However, this tilt car trailer will serve most car owners well.
- 7,000 lbs. GVWR
- 2 3,500 lb. e-z lube braking axles, Standard
- 20 ft. + 2 ft. toeplates (with hydraulic damper cylinder)
- 205/75 R15 (1,820 lb.) Radial Tires
- 24 in. toeplates dovetail
- 2-5/16 in. A-frame ball coupler
- 5 in. channel frame, and 4 in. x 3 in. tubing
- 5 in. Channel Tongue
- Double-eye springs suspension
- Full diamond plate floor with 3 in. channel cross members and 24 in. on-center
- Heavy-duty diamond plate fenders (6IN. HIGH OVER DECK)
- Heavy-duty safety chains
- LED lights
- Primed finish with two coats of automotive grade enamel
- Sealed modular wiring harness
- Silver or white mod wheels (depending on stock)
- Stake pockets and Rubrail
#3 PJ Trailers 5″ Channel Carhauler (C5)
Last but not least on our best car hauler trailer list is the C5 model from PJ Trailers. with a top wind bulldog jack, a bulldog coupler, easy-lube axles, and radial tires right off the lot. What’s more, the company gives the trailer a Sherwin-Williams™ Powder Coat Finish, which prevents rust and corrosion.
- 7,000 lbs. GVWR
- 3,500 lb. x 2 GAWR
- 2- Dexter E-Z lube Axles, Idler & Brake (3,500 lb)
- 2″ Ball Bulldog Coupler
- 2″ Treated Pine Lumber Deck
- 3″ Channel Crossmembers 24″ on Center
- 4 – NEW 15″ White Spoke Wheels
- 4 – ST205/75R15 Radial Tires (1,820 lbs.)
- 4 Leaf Double-eye Spring Suspension
- 5-year Dexter Axle Warranty
- 5′ Channel Ramps w/ Holder
- 5″ Channel Frame & Tongue
- 83″ Wide Deck (Except with Drop Axles)
- 9″ x 33″ Treadplate Removable Alum Fenders
- All-Weather Wiring Harness (7-way RV)
- Bulldog Pipe Mount Swivel Jack (5,000 lbs.)
- DOT Approved Flushmount Lifetime LED Lights
- Electric Breakaway Kit w/ Charger
- GN Equipped w/Lockable Front Toolbox
- GN Option Equipped with 2 Jacks
- Safety Chains
- Sand Blasted, Acid Washed, Powder Coated
- Stake Pockets
Finding the best car hauler trailer for your car should be easier with this list in hand. Just be sure to look over the quality of construction of your trailer before deciding to rent to own your car hauler or buy it outright.