Finding a trailer manufacturer that sells the best cargo trailer for you shouldn’t be difficult. Several manufacturers offer high-quality cargo trailers and many dealers offer a rent to own option. However, figuring out what you need from your trailer can be challenging since there are a lot of factors to consider.
To help you find the best cargo trailer, here’s a buying guide outlining all the features you need to look for in cargo haulers. We also review three of the industry’s best enclosed cargo trailers to help you in your journey of finding the best cargo trailer.
Top Cargo Trailers Compared
Here are three of the best enclosed cargo trailers on the market. These enclosed trailers also work well as motorcycle trailers.
#1 Titan Trailer Bumper Hitch Light Cargo
Leading off our list of best cargo trailers is the Bumper Hitch Light Cargo model from Titan. It is available in 14′ and 16′ lengths. Both sizes come with tandem axles, each carrying 3500 lbs.
- 1 LED Dome Light with Interior Switch
- 20 ga. Galvanneal Exterior Sheeting
- 2000 lbs. Top wind A-Frame Jack
- 2-5/16″ Coupler
- 3/4″ Marine Grade Plywood Flooring
- 32″ Escape Door on Passenger Side
- 6’6″ Inside Height
- 6’8″ wide
- 7/16″ OSB Lined Wall – Full Height
- 7-Prong Heavy Cord
- Aluminum Tread Bright Gravel Guard
- Breakaway Battery Box with Charger and Tester
- Cross members, Uprights & Roof Bows on 24″ Centers
- Electric Brakes on all 4 Wheels
- LED Lights
- Spare Tire
- Steel Fold Down Rear Ramp w/ Torsion Spring and Cable (1500 lbs. max weight)
- Torsion EZ Lube Axles 6 Bolt Hubs
- Tube Frame
#2 Pro-Line Trailers 8.5×16 Enclosed V-Nose Trailer
The Pro-Line Trailers Enclosed V-Nose Trailer is second on our list of best cargo trailers. It’s available for pick up at many locations across Georgia and in Rocky Mount, VA.
- .024 ALUMINUM METAL
- 1 x 12V DOME LIGHT
- 16′ ON CENTER CROSS MEMBERS
- 16″ FLAP ON RAMP DOOR
- 16″ ON CENTER TUBING SIDEWALLS
- 2 5/16″ COUPLER
- 2 x 3500 LB DROP LEAF SPRING AXLES WITH BRAKES
- 2000LB A-FRAME TONGUE JACK WITH SAND FOOT
- 24″ ON CENTER TUBING ROOF MEMBERS
- 3/4 PLYWOOD FLOORS
- 3/8″ PLYWOOD WALLS
- 36″ SIDE DOOR WITH FLUSH LOCK
- 4 x 5000LB D-RINGS
- 6″ TUBE STEEL MAIN FRAME
- 7 WAY BARGMAN PLUG
- ALUMINUM FENDERS
- ATP COVERED STEPWELL
- DOOR HOLD BACK
- EZ LUBE HUBS
- GALVALUME ROOF
- HEAVY DUTY RAMP DOOR WITH FLAP
- INTERIOR HEIGHT 78″
- LED FULL LIGHT PACKAGE
- NO SHOW BEAVERTAIL ON 16′ AND ABOVE
- PLASTIC SIDE VENTS
- RAMP DOOR WITH FLAP
- SEMI-SCREWED EXTERIOR
- ST205 15″ RADIAL TIRES
- V-NOSE WITH 24″ STONEGUARD
#3 Kaufman Trailers 8.5′ Wide Enclosed Trailers
Last but not least on our list of best cargo trailers is the standard Wide Enclosed Trailer model by Kaufman Trailers comes in 16′ and 20′ lengths.
- 6,000 lbs. GVWR
- .024 painted aluminum (white only)
- 1 in. x 1.25 in. tubing roof members, 24 in. o.c.
- 1 in. x 1.25 in. tubing wall studs, 24 in. o.c.
- 16 in. Starbright ATP Stoneguard
- 2 5/16 in. a-frame coupler
- 3,500 lb. EZ lube Axles with 4 in. drop. Brakes on all four wheels.
- 3/4 in. Dry Max floor material – does not swell when it gets wet
- 32 in. plant-made doors
- 6 in. x 2 in. tubing main frame and tongue
- Barn doors or ramp gate at the rear. Door opening is 7 ft. 5 in. wide and 5 ft. 6 in. tall.
- Brushed aluminum fenders – tandem tear drop
- Formed channels cross members, 24 in. o.c.
- Galvalume roof
- Interior Height: 6 ft. at center
- Interior Width: 8 ft. (81 in. between wheel boxes)
- LED tail lights & incandescent running lights
- Luan Interior Liner
- Max Payload: 3,540 lb. (if evenly distributed, on the 20 ft. model)
- Screw down Exterior Fasteners 24 in. o.c.
- Silver mod steel wheels
- Tires/Wheels 205/75 R15 Radial Tires Load range C
- Top wind tongue jack
- V-nose front
Finding the best cargo trailer for you shouldn’t be difficult. Follow this guide on cargo trailers and check out as many options as you can from your local rent to own cargo trailer dealer.